Based on the popularity of Vampire Outlaw of the Milky Way, Bram Stoker Winning author Weston Ochse has been contracted to create two more books in the Vampire Outlaw Universe. Bad Moon Books publisher Roy Robbins hailed the first book his company ever published, citing Vampire Outlaw as reminiscent of Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson and Star Wars. “People just can’t get enough. So we/ll give them more,” says Roy.
Not quite a trilogy, the publishing plan is to produce a prequel to Vampire Outlaw in the Spring of 2008 and a sequel to Vampire Outlaw in the Spring of 2009. “People want more of Monray and the universe I created,” says Weston. “The single greatest complaint I’ve received is it wasn’t enough. Now, with this endorsement from Roy, we’ll give the fans what they want.”
Vampire Outlaw of the Milky Way is the story of an autistic child who speaks in his own brand of Fred Flintstone language, his soulmate, Monray da Kine, an interstellar bounty hunter, and the unique bond they form. “While the story leans most heavily on its Sci-Fi aspects, horror fans should enjoy Weston’s take on Monray who is anything but your typical gothic vampire,” says Horror World.
Space travel, zombie laborers, interstellar capitalism, Pearl Armadas, Jepps Doll entities and murderous swash-buckling assassins all join to create a multi-dimensional tale that has fans marveling at the completeness of this Ochse-created universe. Says multi-award winning author Brian Keene, “Vampire Outlaw of the Milky Way is what would happen if Ray Bradbury and Lin Carter got together to write a space opera. Only Weston Ochse could write something like this. In lesser hands, it would fall apart. Weston is one of the best authors of our generation.”
Ordering information will be made available through news outlets and the Bad Moon Books website. Until then, only a few copies of Vampire Outlaw of the Milky Way remain.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009