Weston Ochse appeared on Blog Talk Radio yesterday.
Weston began writing professionally in 1997. He won the Bram Stoker Award for his first novel, Scarecrow Gods, in 2005. His co-written collection of short stories titled Appalachian Galapagos, was nominated for the Pushcart Prize for Short Fiction. in 2008, his novella Redemption Roadshow was a finalist for the Bram Stoker Award for Best Long Fiction.
Weston’s work has appeared in comic books (IDW Publishing), professional writing guides, magazines, anthologies, as well as his own novels. He has been widely reviewed and has been hailed by his contemporaries as “one of the few new writers who will help redefine the field of dark literature for the future” (Edward Lee (writer)).
Weston holds a Bachelor of Arts in American Literature from Excelsior College and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from National University (California). He travels extensively to book signings and conventions where he has been Gross Out Contest bouncer, toastmaster and guest of honor. He is a frequent speaker at libraries and schools. He has been an adjunct faculty member for Cochise Community College and runs the on-line Guerrilla Fiction Writing Workshop.
You can listen to the broadcast online here: Weston Ochse
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013