Wiley has recently released John Wooley’s Wes Craven: The Man and His Nightmares in paperback.
Description: The life and film genius of A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream director Wes Craven
Wes Craven is one of the most successful and iconic horror movie directors in Hollywood. Here is an absorbing portrait of cult film director Wes Craven’s life and career in film. It draws on the author’s new interviews with Craven, including little-known details about the director’s life and work. There are insights into the making of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the Scream films (the #1 horror franchise of all time), plus fascinating stories about the director’s work with a range of producers, screenwriters, and actors, including Robert Englund.
- Why was Craven reluctant to direct Scream, which spawned the number one horror franchise of all time?
- What led him to begin his career as a film director by making one of the most controversial horror movies ever?
- What inspired him to create the horrifying Freddy Krueger of A Nightmare on Elm Street?
- New revelations from the author’s most recent interview with Craven, you’ll discover the answers to these and many more questions about the man whose name has become synonymous with horror.
- The source of the nightmares that haunted Craven’s childhood and how he coped with them later in life
- Why the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise didn’t make him rich
- The real story that inspired The Hills Have Eyes
- The background dish on the Scream movies
Interested readers can pick up a copy from Amazon.com here: Wes Craven