It was announced today that artist Earl Geier is illustrating the upcoming book by author Michael Vance. Published in early 2009, Weird Horror Tales will be an homage to pulp magazines from the ‘20s, ‘30s, and ‘40s such as Horror Stories and Weird Tales.
“Michael Vance offers up thirteen tales of Lovecraftian horror with a deft sense of suspense and heart-pumping terror,” said Ron Fortier, editor of the title. “Earl Geier’s art for these stories is as stark and brutal as a cold knife’s edge. His grasp of horror is second to none, and he delivers nightmarish scenes with incredible, horrific feelings. He is the perfect partner for Vance’s terror tales.”
These stories about the fictional town of Light’s End in Maine have been published in dozens of magazines, and have also been recorded by renowned actor William (Murder She Wrote) Windom.
“My stories are based on the belief that there is something larger than our narrow view of reality,” said Vance. “Each story shares setting, history, prominent families, and a macro plot.”
Earl Geier, admitting he was “born, raised and died in Chicago where he still lives today with some cats and dogs,” is best known for his horror, fantasy and science fiction artwork. In the role playing game industry, his work includes art for Battletech, Mechwarrior, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Call of Cthulhu and Elric, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy Flight, Dark Conspiracy, and many others. He has illustrated books for Cemetery Dance publications, Chaosium, Gryphon and Subterranean Press. For comic book, he’s had work published by Dark Horse Comics, Comiczone, Now, Innovation and DC Comics Paradox.
The publisher of Weird Horror Tales, Cornerstone Books also publishes Masonic and esoteric books, selected pulp fiction, art literature, limited children’s books, and poetry collections.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009