The novel Weird Horror Tales: The Feasting by Michael Vance has been nominated for two Pulp Ark Awards, one for Best Book of 2010, and one for Best Cover Art.
Pulp magazines featured genre literature and had their heyday in the 1930s and 1940s, introducing characters like The Shadow, Doc Savage and magazines like Weird Tales to the world.
Pulp Ark, the Convention/Creators’ Conference scheduled in Batesville, Arkansas, May 13-15, 2011 will be presenting the awards. According to Tommy Hancock, Pulp Ark Coordinator, there will be ten awards given at the event in May, 2011 recognizing excellence in various areas within the pulp field.
“A local Arkansas businessman,” Hancock said, “wanted to contribute something to pulp artists and writers. Being a fan himself, he wanted to let writers and artists know of his appreciation for what they do. So, he’s funding the design and manufacture of the ten awards.”
Weird Horror Tales – The Feasting is a braided novel and the second in a planned trilogy that follows the first book in the trilogy, Weird Horror Tales. The trilogy centers around the eldritch town of Light’s End, Maine, a remote and isolated little corner of New England where dark secrets haunt the streets and homes of this quaint, supposedly innocent setting.
The nominated book features a macabre cover by Christophe Dessaigne, nominated for Best Cover art, and was edited by Ron Fortier and designed by Rob Davis.
Vance is the author of three books, hundreds of articles and interviews, several comic book titles, and two comic strips. He founded the Oklahoma Comics Collection in Paul’s Valley, Oklahoma, and helped create the “Okie Cartoonists” Exhibit at the Oklahoma Museum of History in Oklahoma City.
Pick up a discounted copy here: Weird Horror Tales: The Feasting
An electronic version here: The Feasting Electronic
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013