The option for Film/TV rights for Vampire Apocalypse â€“ A World Torn Asunder by Irish horror writer Derek Gunn has been purchased by producer/screenwriter Richard Finney. Gunnâ€™s debut novel is published by KHP Industries under their Black Death Books imprint. Vampire Apocalypse was released in September 2006 and has reached both Barnes and Nobleâ€™s and Amazonâ€™s top 100 horror novels lists. The book has also been nominated in the Preditors and Editors Annual Readers Poll for 2006.
Richard Finney is an LA-based Producer-Screenwriter who has worked with such filmmakers as Steven Spielberg, Mel Gibson, and George Clooney. His most recent production was Carver, an independent horror movie currently in post production. Mr. Finney produced the film with John Thompson and Luke Vitale. Under the Finney/Thompson production banner, Mr. Finney also executive produced the horror film The 8th Plague, recently released by Anthem Entertainment.
Gunn, as a horror writer, has focused mainly on writing novels rather than short stories.Â He has written three novels since Vampire Apocalypse: Holmes’s Destiny, The Estuary, Pirates and is currently working on his fifth novel, a sequel to Vampire Apocalypse.
Vampire Apocalypse is available world wide mainly through on-line booksellers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Boarders and horror fiction specialists Shocklines.Â The book is also available directly from the publisherâ€™s on-line book store: KHP Industries
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009