Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, has announced that it will be hosting the US premiere of Blood and Bone China at a special midnight screening on Saturday, September 21, 2012. The convention and screening will be held at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South hotel in Bethel Park, PA.
Blood and Bone China is a feature length Gothic Victorian vampire film that has been broadcast on the internet in 12 bite-sized chunks. It was created and directed by award winning film-maker Chris Stone and set and shot in Chris’ home town of Stoke-On-Trent. Blood and Bone China was made as part of the Stoke Your Fires Film Festival and stars a wealth of up and coming local talent, including Hollyoaks actress Rachel Shenton as journalist Anna Fitzgerald.
Description: It is 1897 and a city is in turmoil; poor souls are being taken, vanishing without a trace. When the local doctor disappears, word travels to his brother, a young country vet by the name of Newlyn Howell. Spurred on to discover the macabre truth by the enigmatic Alexander Pyre, Newlyn stumbles into a twisted web of deception, murder … and villainous vampires.
The screening will be hosted by Gravely MacCabre and denizens of Castle Blood, one of Western Pennsylvania’s top haunted attractions. Castle Blood celebrates its 20th year in 2012 and is moving to a new indoor facility in Monessen, PA for this year’s haunt season. Gravely MacCabre is played by Ricky Dick, who is the driving force behind Castle Blood and has more than 25 years of experience teaching makeup, costuming and prop building.
Horror Realm’s fall 2012 convention will be held September 21-23 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. Guests include Sid Haig, Doug Bradley, Danielle Harris, Mink Stole and Rochelle Davis, plus many more. Established in 2009, Horror Realm produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League and Pittsburgh Action Against Rape.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013