Universal Cable Productions and producer Roy Lee (The Ring, The Grudge, The Departed, Bates Motel, The Woman in Black, et al) have optioned TV rights to Ian Rogers’ novelette, “The House on Ashley Avenue,” from his debut collection Every House Is Haunted.
The story, published in late 2012 by Toronto’s ChiZine Publications, follows the exploits of the Mereville Group, an insurance company that secretly investigates the supernatural. The Group has in its possession a collection of haunted buildings that are so dangerous that their existence must be kept from the public. These properties are known as The Eight.
“The House on Ashley Avenue” was nominated for the prestigious Shirley Jackson Award, and was reprinted in Ellen Datlow’s The Best Horror of the Year, Volume 5. The collection won Canada’s ReLit Award in the short fiction category.
Lee will supervise development and executive produce, while Rogers has signed on as a consultant for the show.
Every House Is Haunted received a strong blurb from Andrew Pyper, whose novel The Demonologist was optioned by Robert Zemeckis and Universal for feature film treatment: “Ian Rogers’ stories are old-fashioned in the very best sense: classic chillers in the spirit of Shirley Jackson and Richard Matheson. Every House Is Haunted is full of well-crafted, satisfying twists, a fine companion for any reader of literate horror.”
Rogers’ and ChiZine Publications’ TV/film rights are repped by Jeff Alpern at The Alpern Group (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Rogers’ literary rights are repped by Ron Eckel of Cooke International (REckel@cookeinternational.com).
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014
- Demons Come To New York - October 15, 2014