It has been announced that The End of the Line, released by Solaris in October last year, has been nominated in the Best Anthology category for the 2011 British Fantasy Society Awards. Nicholas Royle’s short story from the anthology “The Lure,” has also been nominated for an award.
The End of The Line collects some of the very best in new horror writing in a themed anthology of stories set on, and around, the Underground, the Metro and other places deep below.
This collection of 19 new stories includes thoughtful, disturbing and terrifying subterranean tales by Ramsey Campbell, Christopher Fowler, Mark Morris, Pat Cadigan, Adam Nevill and Michael Marshall Smith, amongst many others.
The title has received widespread critical acclaim: “Fallen Boys” by Mark Morris was chosen by Ellen Datlow for Best Horror of the Year Volume 3 and by Stephen Jones for Best New Horror 22. Datlow said of the anthology: “The variety and quality is admirable … One of the best of the year.”
The end of July is the deadline for voting by members of the British Fantasy Society, as well as attendees of the annual FantasyCon event – where the winners will be announced in September.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013