Saturday, June 9th is going to be a busy day for Twilight Tales authors. Along with the Printers Row Festivities, the 3rd annual Drinking & Writing Festival takes place from noon – 5 PM. The festival (blearily) focuses on drinking, writing, and writing about drinking.
Twilight Tales will be there, debuting Tales from the Red Lion – a collection of stories by 14 Chicago authors, telling tales of booze, barmaids, and barflies, all set in Chicago’s own haunted Red Lion Pub.
Authors from the book will be on hand all day to sign books, quaff beers, and have an all-around rip-roaring time. Other Twilight Tales books will also be on sale.
TT authors confirmed so far include John Weagly, Tina L. Jens, Martin Mundt, Martel Sardina & Larry Santoro, among others. Many of the authors will be doing double-duty, making appearances at both Printers Row and the Drinking and Writing Festival.
This year the focus and the D&W is on the man who inspired the creation of Drinking & Writing Brewery, Charles Bukowski, with special guests to talk about Buk and beer.
Other events will include the “2 Drink Minimum Writing Contest.” After quaffing some afore-mentioned ale – provided by multiple award-winning small breweries, participants will be given pen, paper,a theme, and 2 minutes to write a story. Marvelous beer-related prizes go to the winner.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Hopleaf Bar, 5148 N. Clark (Clark & Foster). For more information, visit: Drinking And Writing
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009