Three of world cinema’s great visionaries: Michel Gondry (Be Kind Rewind, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind), Leos Carax (The Lovers On The Bridge, Pola X), and Bong Joon-ho (The Host) each direct a segment of this surreal triptych film, set in the ultra-modern Japanese metropolis, Tokyo.
Rhapsody, psychogeography, urban valentine, freak show, mindwalk and many other things, Tokyo is a fantasy in three movements that will make you see one of the world’s greatest cities – if not any city – with a new point of view.
In the tradition of such films as New York Stories, Night On Earth, Paris Je T’aime and its forthcoming sequel New York I Love You, Tokyo! addresses the timeless question of whether we shape cities, or if cities shape us – while in the process, revealing the rich humanity at the heart of modern urban life. The surreal world of Tokyo! utilizes some inspired visual effects and animation.
Find out more here: Tokyo
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009