Screenwriter Tim McGregor has stepped out of the film world to publish his first novel, Bad Wolf. A unique mash-up that spikes the police procedural genre with elements of horror, Bad Wolf pairs up two different detectives into a conflicted partnership.
Detective Lara Mendes’s hard work finally pays off when she gets the chance to join homicide but there’s a catch; she has to partner up with a cop no one wants to work with. John Gallagher is a veteran homicide detective who loves stomping bad guys and working solo. When they’re partnered up, the enmity is immediate but there’s a call about a body and the rotation says they’re up.
What they find is a corpse devoured by feral dogs and few leads. Their investigation leads them to a killer stalking the city with a pack of wild dogs at his command. And the suspect believes he is a werewolf. Gallagher and Mendes dismiss the suspect as psychotic but the closer they get to collaring him, the less crazy he seems to be.
McGregor found the process of writing a novel liberating after the rigorous demands of writing for the screen. Add to that the recent explosion in ebooks and self-publishing distribution, the allure of releasing more stories to the world was irresistible.
“Film is an incredibly collaborative media. It takes a small army to make a movie and there’s a lot of creative fingers in the pie,” says Tim. “After that kind of intense collaboration, writing a novel is a blessedly solitary endeavour. Making it all the more attractive now, is the ability to release a book on your own through Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes & Noble. Not only does the creative control remain yours, but so does the distribution and marketing of your book. It’s got that DIY punk aesthetic and baby, I’m all over that.”
Bad Wolf is available on Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes&Noble, iBook and other channels.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013