From four-time winner of the Bram Stoker Award, two-time winner of the International Thriller Writers Award and finalist for the 2009 Edgar Allan Poe Award Tom Piccirilli comes an intense and visceral psychological thriller novella, the first title in the Black Labyrinth imprint illustrated by Gothic artist Santiago Caruso.
20% of all hardcover proceeds and 100% of ebook proceeds will be donated directly to author Tom Piccirilli in his fight against brain cancer.
Description: Ex-con Kasteel remained in the medical center for four months as his son lay dying, losing him his job, his wife and nearly his mind as he refused to leave the side of his son. The medical center that he now takes refuge in is an enormous labyrinth of corridors, annexes and wings known as The Castle. Kasteel has become a phantom prowling the halls in the deep night, a shadow of his former self until he faded from sight and was forgotten altogether. But with no life to return to, he takes it upon himself to become the Castle’s guardian. Kasteel sleeps in empty operating theaters, sneaks food from the cafeteria, hacks into computers, and is privy to both staff and patient files. Using his skills as a burglar he tracks down the attackers, the deceivers, and the killers.
But a new name is now whispered in the Castle: Abaddon, the ancient name for the angel of death. A brain-damaged woman has visions and speaks only to Kasteel. Abaddon is a killer, a man lost to the Castle like Kasteel himself, wandering the corridors searching out victims. Even as Abaddon hunts the innocent, Kasteel hunts Abaddon, eager for a final showdown that may at last set him free.
An atmospheric yet action-packed, mature crime noirella that is part examination into the bonds of family and part treatise on the nature of identity, The Walls of the Castle explores the deepest areas of what makes us who we are. With a noir sensibility and complexity of character, the novella is a hybrid psychological thriller that’s part suspense tale, part family saga, and part literate mystery.
Pick up a great read and help the author in his fight to beat brain cancer: The Walls of the Castle
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013