Based on the novel by best-selling British scribe James Herbert, the thriller begins a year after the disappearance of Cam, the son of Gabe Caliegh (Tom Ellis, The Fades) and Eve Caleigh (Suranne Jones, Doctor Who). As the couple and their two daughters attempt to start anew, they head to Crickley Hall – a seemingly perfect countryside house. But when cellar doors start to open on their own, phantom children’s cries are heard through the night and a frenzied cane-wielding specter rears its head – the Caleigh’s realize the house comes with a lot more than they bargained for. Just as they’re ready to move out, Eve Caleigh hears Cam’s cries and all bets are off.
Shifting between 1943 and present day, the Caleigh’s are desperate to find the source of the crying and the connection the haunted house has to their son. Will they find him before the evil that stalks Crickley Hall finds their other children? Written and directed by Joe Ahearne (Doctor Who), this classic haunted house spine chiller is full of scares, yet underpinned by the heartbreaking story of a family needing to heal and ghosts who need to be laid to rest.
Sheila M. Merritt reviewed the book for us as part of the Horror Book Review Project. You can check it out here: The Secret of Crickley Hall
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013