The Scare Game is a new horror/comedy web series cast and crewed entirely in New Mexico. Season one will consist of thirteen 7 to 10 minute episodes exploring the topics of horror, voyeurism, and the ultimate unrequited love – fandom.
Description: Life is simple for Vince (Scott Bryan); get up, go to work, and put on a mask and chase your friends around with a butcher knife. Lately, hiding in the shadows and under the bed hasn’t been doing it for Vince. His relationship with the fierce Melora (Kate Costello) falls apart while his brother, Martin (Ryan Jason Cook), becomes more and more of a stranger while The Major (Jason Witter) just becomes strange. Things begin to change when Vince’s best friend, BABS (Jenn Daugherty) introduces him to Deedee (Hannah Kauffman) a quirky librarian with a strange and dangerous past. Now, the club will delve into a mystery that may lead them down a path they can never return from.
Adapted from a feature length script, The Scare Game is a look at fandom and voyeurism in its purest form. That script’s origin came from an image (that Phillip had) of a masked killer running away from a girl with a knife. The original title for the movie was, The Club and was written while Phillip Hughes and Jennifer Daugherty were living in Japan teaching English. Upon returning from Japan Phil, Jenn and Brian Austin Wenrich were looking for a new project to work on. With the recent success of web series like The Guild and Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog, it was decided that The Club would be turned into a character driven horror series. The name was changed to The Scare Game because The Club seemed too close to The Guild. The name The Scare Game came from the game Jenn played with her little cousin when she used to babysit her (not as hardcore of a game as is depicted in the series though).
The first installment of the new horror/ comedy web series that chronicles the adventures of a group of horror enthusiasts. Their lives change drastically when they are thrust into a real horror event. Catch Episode 1 here: The Scare Game
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013