Cemetery Dance Publications will publish The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman in hardcover this fall, but for a limited time only they’re giving the book away for free as an eBook and as a streaming audiobook to anyone who wants to check it out early!
And before you ask the obvious question: yes, they’re really giving this book away for free. No strings attached.
The free eBook includes some great bonus features that won’t appear in the hardcover:
- An exclusive new interview with Ray Bradbury: “We Have Too Many Inventions!”
- Comments from bestselling authors such as Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, William Peter Blatty, Jodi Picoult, Carolyn Parkhurst, Anne Perry, Jane Green, M.J. Rose, Douglas Clegg, J.A. Konrath, Seth Godin, Michael Marshall Smith, Scott Adams, and many others about eBooks and the future of publishing.
- Author’s Afterword: “Did I Really Commit ‘Career Suicide’ by Giving The Painted Darkness Away for Free?”
- Norman Prentiss interviews Brian James Freeman
- $5.00 discount coupon valid on an order for the trade hardcover edition of The Painted Darkness for a limited time only
About The Painted Darkness: When Henry was a child, something terrible happened in the woods behind his home, something so shocking he could only express his terror by drawing pictures of what he had witnessed. Eventually, Henry’s mind blocked out the bad memories, but he continued to draw, often at night by the light of the moon.
Twenty years later, Henry makes his living by painting his disturbing works of art. He loves his wife and his son, and life couldn’t be better … except there’s something not quite right about the old stone farmhouse his family now calls home. There’s something strange living in the cramped cellar, in the maze of pipes that feed the ancient steam boiler.
A winter storm is brewing, and soon Henry will learn the true nature of the monster waiting for him down in the darkness. He will battle this demon and, in the process, he may discover what really happened when he was a child — and why, in times of trouble, he thinks: I paint against the darkness.
But will Henry learn the truth in time to avoid the terrible fate awaiting him … or will the thing in the cellar get him and his family first?
And if that isn’t enough to pique your curiosity, here’s the trailer:
Ready to take a look? You can download the free ebook and listen to the free stream of the audio here: Painted Darkness
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013