Subterranean Press reports they’ve been fortunate enough to lock in copies of the signed limited edition of Neil Gaiman’s next adult novel for their customers. The Ocean at the End of the Lane is being produced by Neil’s major publisher, Morrow. Normally, Subterranean steers clear of major publishers’ limited editions, but Morrow did an exemplary job on Neverwhere a couple of years back, which makes them eager to see what they’ll do this time around.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane is a fable that reshapes modern fantasy: moving, terrifying and elegiac-as pure as a dream, as delicate as a butterfly’s wing, as dangerous as a knife in the dark, from storytelling genius Neil Gaiman. It began for our narrator forty years ago when the family lodger stole their car and committed suicide in it, stirring up ancient powers best left undisturbed. Dark creatures from beyond the world are on the loose, and it will take everything our narrator has just to stay alive: there is primal horror here, and menace unleashed-within his family and from the forces that have gathered to destroy it. His only defense is three women, on a farm at the end of the lane. The youngest of them claims that her duck pond is ocean. The oldest can remember the Big Bang.
We’ll have more as it becomes available.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013