Originally published in 1993, The Mammoth Book of Zombies (edited by Stephen Jones) was re-released this year as a Barnes & Noble hardcover for $7.98 and re-titled, The Monster Book of Zombies.
Description: Zombies … soulless corpses risen from the grave to do the bidding of their masters. They may have their factual basis in the voodoo ceremonies of Haiti, but it is in short fiction and the movies that the walking dead have flourished. The Mammoth Book of Zombies brings together twenty-six stories which depict a wide range of methods for raising the dead — from traditional Caribbean rituals to futuristic science. Within this terrifying tome you’ll discover such classic tales of the macabre as Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar” and J. Sheridan Le Fabu’s “Schalken the Painter,” plus memorable stories from the pulp magazines by H.P. Lovecraft and Robert Bloch. Also collected here for the first time are stories by such established masters as Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell, and Brian Lumley, plus two new novellas and original stories by a host of exciting names.
Not only is this a must for any zombie fan, it’s also a chance to add Charles L. Grant’s short story, “Quietly Now,” to your collection. Other authors include: Lisa Tuttle, Graham Masterton, Hugh B. Cave, Joe R. Lansdale, Michael Marshall Smith, Dennis Etchison and others.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013