At the SXSW 2012 Film Festival on Friday, Paramount’s Insurge Pictures announced it will release The Loved Ones in theaters nationwide this June 2012 by offering moviegoers an exciting way to see it first. Through an innovative collaboration with Tugg, Inc., a collective action web-platform that enables individuals to choose the films that play in their local theaters, fans can sign up today at The Loved Ones to book a screening and invite friends to see one of the most buzzed about horror films of the summer. Those who sign up will be given notice when they can begin to set their June screenings. Chosen by popular demand to be part of Tugg’s “Encore Screening Series” at the South By Southwest Film Festival 2012, The Loved Ones screened at the festival on March 9th at the Alamo Drafthouse Village in Austin, TX.
Here’s the original trailer:
Written and directed by Sean Byrne, The Loved Ones has steadily grown a large underground following due to its enthusiastic reception as a midnight movie favorite at festivals like SXSW, Fantasia and Toronto International Film Festival. Described as “Sixteen Candles meets The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (FlickSided.com), the film has ardent supporters who have said The Loved Ones is “raw horror fun done right” (HitFix.com) and “one of the best pure horror flicks I’ve seen in ages” (JoBlo.com).
“Those who have seen and heard about The Loved Ones have been clamoring for its theatrical release,” said Amy Powell, President, Insurge Pictures. “This is a truly terrifying film that brings new meaning to the horrors of dating and we’re excited to give fans the unprecedented opportunity to personalize their movie going experience.”
“We’re thrilled to work with Paramount’s Insurge Pictures to help give fans everywhere the unique ability to share this movie with their community. The Loved Ones is the kind of film that shocks, horrifies and entertains in a way that’s best experienced in a crowded theater,” said Tugg co-founders Nicolas Gonda and Pablo Gonzalez.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013