Fenham Publishing has announced the release of C. M. Eddy, Jr.’s second collection of short stories, The Loved Dead and Other Tales. This second collection of C.M. Eddy, Jr.’s thirteen short stories showcases his Weird Tales creations together with a variety of other tales from that era. Taken from the original handwritten manuscripts, the thirteen tales in this volume run the gamut from the title story of a person’s dark descent into unspeakable acts, to tales of mad scientists, neanderthals, phantoms, and ancient curses. Many are reprinted together here for the first time since they graced the pages of the pulp magazines back in the early part of the 20th century.
C. M. Eddy, Jr. was an author best known for his horror and supernatural short stories. He began his career writing for a broad range of pulp fiction genres in the early 1900’s, including detective mystery and weird macabre. He is best remembered for his work in Weird Tales magazine. Born in 1896, he died in 1967, living most of his life in Providence, Rhode Island. During his early years he was a friend and confidant to both H. P. Lovecraft and Harry Houdini. He was a member of Lovecraft’s inner circle of friends and authors as well as a ghostwriter and investigator for Houdini.
To learn more and/or order: The Loved Dead and Other Tales
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009