From the press release:
Alan Hanna’s Bookshop/Bark Coffee
270 Rathmines Road Lower, Dublin 6
Tuesday, 22 October 2013 at 18.0
Free Admission, but limited seating
The Swan River Press is pleased to announce the launch of second issue of our journal, The Green Book. This much needed publication provides a venue for the discussion of Ireland’s contributions to Gothic, Supernatural and Fantastic Literature.
Aimed at a general readership, this second issue of features articles on Mervyn Wall, Ray Bradbury, Lord Dunsany, plus our continuing survey of Irish Gothic literature. Reviews include John Connolly’s The Wanderer in Realms Unknown, Martin Hayes’ Aleister Crowley, Rosa Mullholland’s Not to Be Taken at Bed, Carlos Fuentes’s Vlad, Alan Corbett’s Ghost of Shandon, Graham Tugwell’s Everything is Always Wrong, and Nicola Gordon Bowe’s, Harry Clarke: The Life and Work.
And helping us launch The Green Book 2 will be John Moore, who will be giving a talk on . . .
The Genesis and Publication of Dracula
We are pleased to welcome noted bibliographer John Moore, who will give a talk on the publication history of Dublin author Bram Stoker’s most famous work: Dracula. From its conception in the late 19th century and publication in 1897 to the myriad reprints and foreign translations that followed, Moore will trace the novel’s undying popularity into the 21st century. So please join us for discussion, drinks, a raffle, and what will certainly be a memorable evening. Hope to see you there!
We’ll do our best to accommodate, but seating will please arrive early.
Contact Brian J. Showers ■ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015