MTI Home Video, the premier studio for independent filmmakers, will release The Frankenstein Syndrome on DVD/VOD/Digital Download July 5th.
The film was written, directed and produced by Sean Tretta (The Great American Snuff Film, Death of a Ghost Hunter, and The Death Factory Bloodletting) and was produced by and stars Tiffany Shepis (Nympha, Nightmare Man, The Violent Kind). Also starring are Louis Mandylor (My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Quest), Patti Tindall (The Graves, Machined), Scott Anthony Leet (Abandoned, Freeway Killer), and film veteran Ed Lauter (The Longest Yard, Seabiscuit).
The film is a modern re-imagining of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein, wherein a beautiful young stem-cell researcher, Elizabeth Barnes (Shepis) joins a secret research group attempting to develop a stem-cell based universal healing serum. Despite opposition from the project leaders Marcus Grone (Mandylor) and Dr. Victoria Travelle (Tindall), she quickly develops a serum that can bring the dead back to life – but with horrific results. Distraught, Elizabeth tries to leave the project, but the project’s financier (Lauter) orders Marcus to hold the research team captive until their research is complete. When one of the project’s security guards (Leet) is murdered and then re-animated, the team must contend with a man who at first is like a child, but quickly becomes something much, much more…
- Winner – Best Actress, Best Actor (Dark Carnival Film Festival)
- Winner – Best Feature, Director, Screenplay, Actor, and Supporting Actress – (Oklahoma Horror Film Festival)
- Official Selection: Dark Woods, Motor City Nightmares, Phoenix Film Festival, Frightnight Film Festival, Gorezone Int. Film Festival, Weekend of Fear Film, HorrorHound Convention 2011
Here’s the trailer:
DVD features include: Closed Captioning, 16:9 Widescreen Format, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, Film Commentary with Sean Tretta and Tiffany Shepis, Alternate Openings with Commentary, Alternate and Deleted Scenes with Commentary, Trailers and Optional Spanish Subtitles.
The Frankestein Syndrome goes on sale on July 5th with a recommended retail price of $24.95.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013