Rhiannon Frater’s As The World Dies: The First Days: A Zombie Trilogy is set to be released as a Tor Trade Paperback original this July.
The First Days began life as a serial, written in dribs and snatches while Frater’s day job had her spending most of her time on the road in Texas. She’d write a scene or chapter at night in a motel room and post it on her website. Almost before she knew it, she had a slew of dedicated readers who were clamoring to read each new installment … and she’d written an entire novel.
The novel quickly became big news in the undead corners of the web, capturing the Dead Letter Award from Mail Order Zombie and garnering a slew of favorable reviews. Rhiannon self-published the completed novel as a trade paperback — sold online only — and sold several thousand copies. Books two and three — Fighting to Survive and Siege — quickly followed (and will follow into Tor Books editions in short order).
Description: The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde.
Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni’s stepson, Jason, from an infected campground.
They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town. There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie form.
Fast-paced and exciting, filled with characters who grab your heart, The First Days: As the World Dies is the beginning of a frightening trilogy.
In the new Tor Books edition, The First Days has been updated, revised, and tightened, creating an even better zombie novel with added mayhem.
Readers can pre-order the book through Amazon here: The First Days
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013