Through March 8, 2009 The Central Library’s First Floor Galleries (630 W. Fifth St., downtown) will present The Fine Art of Film Posters: Selections From The Los Angeles Public Library Collection. Historic posters portraying the early days of Hollywood movies with beautiful women, mysterious men and intriguing plots are on display in the exhibit. The exhibit is free and open to the public during regular library hours.
The posters in the exhibit are part of a collection that was devastated by an arson fire, which destroyed the Frances Howard Goldwyn – Hollywood Regional Branch Library in 1982. With the help of the community and a $4-million contribution from Samuel Goldwyn Foundation, the collection was restored and a new branch was constructed. It opened in 1986 and is named in honor of Goldwyn’s mother, who frequently used the original library.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009