For the first time in America, AuthorHouse has published a book on Japan’s foremost director of Fantasy Films, Ishiro Honda. Authored by Peter H. Brothers, Mushroom Clouds And Mushroom Men – The Fantastic Cinema Of Ishiro Honda explores the work of Director Honda, who brought such classic Japanese monster movies as Rodan, Mothra, Attack of the Mushroom People and the original Godzilla to the screen.
Description: Honda has been a much-overlooked figure in mainstream international cinema. Mushroom Clouds And Mushroom Men is the first book to cover in English print Honda’s life as well comprehensively evaluate all 25 of his fantasy films. It also offers objective and critical analysis of Honda’s filmmaking methods, themes and relationships with actors and technicians.
Making use of extensive interviews from Honda’s colleagues, as well as a wealth of original source material never before gathered into one volume (including previously-unpublished essays), Mushroom Clouds And Mushroom Men is an affectionate tribute to the most-prolific and influential director in the history of fantasy films.
You can pick up a copy from Amazon.com here: Mushroom Clouds And Mushroom Men
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013