Robert Swartwood has released his first full-length novel The Calling as an e-book.
Description: When eighteen-year-old Christopher Myers’ parents are murdered, something is written on his bedroom door, a mark in his parents’ blood that convinces the police the killer has targeted Christopher as the next victim. To keep him safe, he travels away with his estranged grandmother and uncle to the small town of Bridgton, New York. And it’s in Bridgton that he meets an extraordinary young man who has come with his father to stop an unrelenting evil. Soon Christopher learns of the town’s deep dark secret, and how his parents’ murder was no accident, and how he has been brought to Bridgton by forces beyond his power-forces that just may threaten the destruction of all mankind.
The Calling is a 100,000-word supernatural thriller in the vein of Peter Straub and Dean Koontz and is available for an introductory price of $0.99 at the following places:
Swartwood will also be doing a mini blog tour for the next two weeks. Stops include the blogs of Joe Schreiber, David B. Silva (Hellnotes), Tim Lebbon, Maurice Broaddus, and more. You can check out the full schedule at Swartwood’s website, where he will also be doing a live reading on Monday, April 18, at 7 pm EST.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013