IFC Midnight has announced the new release from director Shinya Tsukamoto’s acclaimed Tetsuo Trilogy: Tetsuo III: The Bullet Man, the third installment in the series and the first new Tetsuo film in nearly 20 years. The movie will be available on demand on January 19th and in select theaters January 21st.
Description: The third installment in the series, Tetsuo III: The Bullet Man, and Tsukamoto’s first English-language film, stars Eric Bossick as Anthony, a young man who was born and raised in Tokyo and is now raising a family there. What should be a happy time in Anthony’s life is not: his wife is crippled by anxiety and unable to leave the house. She also has recurring nightmares about a horrible fate awaiting the pair’s young son, Tom. Those nightmares turn out to be prophetic when Tom is cruelly run down in the street. Losing their boy pushes Yuriko over the edge and triggers violent emotions in Anthony, whose body begins to transform. Anthony flies into a terrible rage, and soon discovers that the power of his emotion transforms him into a strange, metallic monster. When the driver who killed Tom reappears and Anthony learns the truth about his father’s past experiments on human guinea pigs and about his mother’s death, Anthony mutates into a mass of metal – a human weapon fueled by an uncontrollable rage. This delights the mysterious man who ran down Anthony’s son, a man who now continually taunts Anthony from a distance.
Here’s the trailer:
For more information visit: IFC Entertainment
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013