The Library of the Living Dead Press has announced the release of author/filmmaker Mike Watt’s newest novel, Suicide Machine, which is now available through the publisher’s site and through Amazon.com
Description: Tanith Godwin is a modern-day warrior with two souls who spends her nights hunting demons that threaten humanity. During the day, she tries to hold down temp jobs and maintain normal adult relationships. In every-day reality, most demons are simple shape-shifters trying to survive their days like the rest of us. So, too, are mystical superheroes. There’s an apocalypse every day, but we’re all too busy with our lives to notice. One would think that, with the mortgage crisis, the lousy economy, violent homophobia and the constant threat of terrorism that the world was already scary enough. But add in a horrible demonic plot to burn humanity from the Earth and Tanith’s pretty much got her hands full. Tanith’s nighttime world of ancient, inhuman creatures is examined straight on, from the hidden night clubs haunted by humans and demons alike to the seedy sex stores serving all manner of clientele. Tanith and her friends are no more heroic than the next group of lower middle-class people, but they’re aware of a specific danger that no one else has the time to deal with. Life is complicated. The end of the world is costly. You don’t get your security deposit back when something from hell rises in your living room.
A member of the Horror Writers Association, Mike Watt is an author, screenwriter and journalist best-known for his work in Sirens of Cinema, Fangoria, Cinefantastique and The Dark Side magazines. He is the author of the collection Phobophobia and the novel tie-in to the independent cult movie The Resurrection Game, which he directed and co-produced (with Amy Lynn Best and Bill Homan) through Happy Cloud Pictures. His other films include Splatter Movie: The Director’s Cut, A Feast of Flesh and Demon Divas and the Lanes of Damnation. He also wrote the original screenplays for the Sci-Fi Channel favorite Dead Men Walking and G. Cameron Romero’s The Screening.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013