The trade edition (fully cloth bound edition plus an unsigned copy of “Thumbprint” by Joe Hill for $40) of Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy is still available, though the lettered and limited editions have sold out.
Fantasy comes in all shades, from gentle tales of elves and fairies, to the blackest of horrors. Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy tends toward the darker edges, where the fantastic mixes with the horrific. With all original tales by a number of SubPress favorites, and writers new to our stable, we’ve aimed to illuminate these shadowed corners, to bring into the light the creatures that venture forth from the sea, those that alter our reality to suit their sinister needs, and others who head into territory so bleak it’s best left undescribed.
Accompanying copies of Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy bought direct will be an exclusive chapbook of one of Joe Hill’s signature tales, “Thumbprint,” thus far only available in the excellent UK magazine, Postscripts. Vincent Chong will be supplying a suitably atmospheric cover for this 10,000 word story.
Table of Contents:
- “Caverns of Mystery” by Kage Baker
- “The Gulf” by Poppy Z. Brite
- “Face” by Mike Carey
- “Thumbprint” by Joe Hill (a separate chapbook)
- “The Steam Dancer” by Caitlin R. Kiernan
- “It Washed Up” by Joe R. Lansdale
- “The Hour of Babel” by Tim Powers
- “Alastair Baffles Emporium of Wonders” by Mike Resnick
- “The Road to Levinshir” by Patrick Rothfuss
- “The Lunatic Miss Teak” by Darren Speegle
- “Penguins of the Apocalypse” by William Browning Spencer
- “Monstrous Embrace” by Rachel Swirsky
To order: Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy