Subterranean Press reports that Vincent Chong has turned in the full color and duotone art for Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s The Shadow of The Wind. The illustrations include five full-color plates as well as ten duotone images spread throughout the book, which will be printed on 80# Finch, in two colors. Shadow is currently undergoing one final round of proofing while Subterranean waits for the author to fit the signature sheets into his schedule. They’ll announce a specific date for the book as soon as they’re able.
The Subterranean edition of Robert E. Howard’s Kull: Exile of Atlantis is proving to be one difficult book indeed. In addition to a number of corrected illustrations by Justin Sweet, they’ve had to coordinate the full color art section, as well as the image that will adorn the custom slipcases and special stamping on the book. Kull is currently at the printer, and should be shipping in just a couple of months.
Subterranean has just finished the final round of proofing for Naomi Novik’s Throne of Jade, and have the signature sheets in hand, so look for that title to be sent to the printer in the next week or so, where it will join What the Mouse Found and Yellow Dog (Charles de Lint); Skeletons (Ray Bradbury); The Jack Vance Reader; Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy (including an exclusive chapbook by Joe Hill), and more.
On the contract front, they’ve just received agreements for The Last Colony (John Scalzi); Marionettes, Inc. (a collection by Ray Bradbury); a new untitled collection by Greg Egan; Wild Thyme, Green Magic (a collection by Jack Vance); and and are in the process of finalizing deals for a number of other projects.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009