With the release this week of Brian Lumley’s The Taint and Other Novellas, Subterranean Press has announced the second and concluding volume of his Best Mythos Tales. Haggopian and Other Stories contains the best of the best of Brian’s shorter Lovecraftian tales, and surprisingly enough, is a full 140+ pages longer than the novella collection. The dust jacket by Bob Eggleton should be posted soon.
Yanni Kuznia, Subterranean’s new Director of Production, is hard at work doing the OCRing of the two just announced Charles de Lint titles, What the Mouse Found, and Woods and Waters Wild, so these vintage stories can be sent to the author for a final polish before the book is designed. Look for regular updates as these titles are tracked for publication.
All of the interior art for Naomi Novik’s Her Majesty’s Dragon is in house, and the book is roughly 80% proofed. Dominic Harman should be sending Subterranean a rough of the dust jacket in the next few weeks, and final art by the end of November. Dragon is right on schedule for publication just after the year turns.
Kage Baker has turned in her 45,000 word (just shy of 200 pages) pirate novel, Or Else My Lady Keeps the Key, and Gail Cross, our regular designer, has taken this tale of the high seas and double-crosses set in the 1600s and given it a very distinct piratical appearance.
Finally, for this update, Caitlin R. Kiernan has completed the signature pages for the definitive edition of Tales of Pain and Wonder, and is due to turn in the exclusive chapbook in the coming weeks.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009