The World Horror Convention 2011 has announced the addition of graphic novel great and screenwriter, Steve Niles, to its list of guests. The international conference of horror’s premier talents and their fans will take place in Austin, Texas from April 28th through May 1st, 2011.
“Steve revived horror comics as the creator of 30 Days of Night,” said convention chair Nate Southard. “But that is only the tip of the iceberg. He has all but defined horror comics for nearly a decade, and his novel and film work have cemented Steve as one of the top voices in dark fiction across numerous media. We’re thrilled to have him as a guest.”
Niles got his start in the industry when he formed his own publishing company called Arcane Comix, where he published, edited and adapted several comics and anthologies for Eclipse Comics. His adaptations include works by Clive Barker, Richard Matheson and Harlan Ellison, and he has worked with such talents as Bernie Wrightson, Sam Raimi, Rob Zombie, and Thomas Jane. In 2002, the success of 30 Days of Night sparked renewed interest in the horror genre, and has since gone on to be the basis for tie-in novels, a web-based action series on FearNet.com and a successful major motion picture. The sequel 30 Days of Night: Dark Days will be released in 2010. Recent years have seen the release of such comics projects as City of Dust and The Lost Ones.
The World Horror Convention is an annual gathering of professionals in the horror industry: publishers, authors, artists, musicians, filmmakers, dealers and, of course, horror fans. WHC serves as both an industry insider’s networking event and a chance for fans of the genre to get together, meet some of the creative talents in the field, and generally spend a weekend celebrating All Things Scary.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013