StephenKing.com will be going through its third major revision over the next few months. “Because of the sheer volume of material we will be offering and the complexity of the interactive features that are being designed,” it was announced today, “we will be launching the site in stages.”
Here’s what they’ve got planned:
- The addition of The Library, a brand new searchable database of Stephen King books, audio books, short stories, movies and more.
- The addition of a Multimedia Section offering audio book samples, movie previews, exclusive video clips, fan art, downloads and more.
- New Community Features where you can tell the world what you think of Stephen’s works with their new “my thoughts on this” comment system.
- An updated Message Board offering new themes and style guides.
- A new Dark Tower Web Site coming in April, combining the classic seven part epic with Marvel’s Dark Tower series, the redesign is just what the doctor ordered for the constant Dark Tower reader.
- “Wally World” – their codename for a Dark Tower Interactive Flash Experience coming Summer 2008.
- The Office – King’s eclectic office with hundreds of artifacts and memorabilia in this Interactive Flash Experience coming Fall 2008.