Gauntlet Press will be publishing a definitive collection centered around “Battleground,” Stephen King’s classic short story, which was adapted for television by Richard Christian Matheson.
This deluxe edition includes King’s short story and R.C. Matheson’s script for the opening episode of Nightmares and Dreamscapes, which starred William Hurt and was directed by Brian Henson, plus hundreds of pages of bonus features you won’t find anywhere else.
Special features include unique “behind the scenes” material like the storyboards used for the episode, which won two Emmy awards. The book also contains 8 pages of color photos from TNT’s archives, which have never been released to the public.
Those contributing include:
- Director Brian Henson
- Executive Producer Bill Haber
- Jeff Beal, who won an Emmy for his score for Battleground
- Actor William Hurt
- Michael Wright, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming for TNT
- Visual Effects director Sam Nicholson
- Producer Jeff Hayes
- Lee Romaire, Special Makeup and Effects Designer
Editing the book is Richard Christian Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay for the episode.
You can pre-order directly from Gauntlet here: Battleground
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013