The highly anticipated 2010 album from singer/songwriter Shooter Jennings, Black Ribbons, features a unique collaboration between Jennings and best-selling author Stephen King. The 70-minute concept album sees King provide the voice of Will O’ The Wisp, a late-night talk show radio host who is in the last hour of his final broadcast before the airwaves are overtaken by ‘government-approved and regulated transmissions.’ The music has elements of arena and progressive rock, country rock, and even Pink Floyd-like rock.
Stephen King as a DJ in his final broadcast before the airwaves are overtaken by the government? Sounds just about right, doesn’t it? Even if this type of music usually isn’t your cup of tea, the word is that King’s parts are hypnotic and creepy and chilling to the bone.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013