Each of us is born into the Birth World. It is a place where we can interpret and affect the existence of others, where all of us have influence over the course of reality. The duration of your consciousness in the Birth World is based on your Mortal Path: the journey that we all take as we wander through the shared observable reality. During these journeys our personalities form, continually feeding the pool of subconscious thought and memory that defines us. As we age these pools deepen, preparing for the inevitable deterioration of our physical form to welcome the consciousness that remains.
It is here that you will enter when you reach the end of your Mortal Path and the brain begins to die. In the seconds before all neural activity is vanquished your consciousness inverts from perceiving the shared Birth World to stepping inside your pool of subconscious thought. This is your Turning Point. It is the moment when your Mortal Path has come to an end, and the journey through the depths of your own mind begins.
I AM THE ABYSS collects ten human minds whose journeys in the Birth World have come to an end. These are stories of tragedy, despair and redemption. Let them prepare you for the inevitable end of your own Mortal Path. May these stories influence you to avoid the darkness that waits for many of us just beyond the Turning Point.
Featuring journeys into the underworld from writers Laird Barron, Michael Marshall Smith, Kealan Patrick Burke, Reggie Oliver, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Steve Rasnic Tem, Jeffrey Thomas and three more illustrated with ten full color two-page panoramic spreads by award-winning artist Les Edwards.
Explore the minds of some of the darkest among us at IAmTheAbyss.com.
- Aliens: Dead Orbit #1 – Comic Review - April 12, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 10, 2017
- Sadako vs Kayako – Movie Review - January 26, 2017
- The Demolisher – Movie Review - January 23, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- October JournalStone Newsletter - October 5, 2016
- Enter to Win a copy of ‘The Devil’s Work’! - September 29, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016