From the press release:
Deadly Curiosities will be published in the UK, Ireland, and North America in July 2014. Set in Charleston, South Carolina, this new series is Martin’s first book for the imprint since Dark Lady’s Chosen in 2009.
Deadly Curiosities will take readers in an entirely new direction from her previous classic fantasies: Cassidy Kincaide is the proprietor of Trifles and Folly, an antique shop with a difference that continues a family tradition begun in 1670 – acquiring and neutralizing dangerous supernatural items. It’s the perfect job for Cassidy, whose psychic gift lets her touch an object and know its history. Together with her business partner Sorren, a 500 year-old vampire and former jewel thief, Cassidy makes it her business to get infernal objects off the market.
Gail said: “I’m excited to be working with Solaris again and thrilled to be creating an urban fantasy world, which is a new adventure for me. I love creating in both epic and urban fantasy settings, so this I’m thrilled to have this opportunity.”
Solaris editor-in-chief Jonathan Oliver said: “It’s wonderful to bring Gail Martin back to Solaris for this new adventure. Having been such an important part of the birth of the imprint seven years ago, it is fantastic to bring Gail home for such an exciting new departure. Existing fans will be familiar with her incredible storytelling and rich characters, but this new book will see her pick up countless new readers as the breadth of her talent is demonstrated afresh.”
Martin first hit the best-seller charts with The Summoner for us in 2007 and followed this with the four books in the Chronicles of the Necromancer series. She has since published The Ascendant Kingdoms Saga and The Fallen Kings Cycle for Orbit.
She has published short stories set in the Deadly Curiosities universe before, notably with ‘Buttons’, which featured in the critically acclaimed 2012 anthology Magic, alongside stories by Audrey Niffenegger, Christopher Fowler and others.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015