Cemetery Dance Publications has announced the newest title in its featured ebooks line: Slides by Peter Straub.
Description: Over twenty years in the making, Sides represents the first ever collection of non-fiction by bestselling author Peter Straub. Featuring introductions, essays, afterwords, and even a “frivolity”—along with the collected works of Putney Tyson Ridge, Straub’s “self-invented human speed bump and alter ego”—this collection presents a rare glimpse into the author’s tastes and personal musings on topics ranging from The Stepford Wives and Dracula to Lawrence Block and Stephen King.
Also included is “The Fantasy of Everyday Life”, Straub’s Guest-of-Honor speech at the 1998 International Conference of the Fantastic in the Arts, and “Mom,” an essay that appeared in a book that combined short stories written by mother-son partnerships with essays written by male writers about their mothers. The “frivolity” here — “Why Electricman Lives in New York” — was written for an anthology celebrating the twenty-fifth anniversary of New York Is Book Country.
This long awaited collection closes with Putney Tyson Ridge’s reviews and commentaries on every Peter Straub book published since the 1970s.
Sides is a unique and exclusive Cemetery Dance book, with no other editions planned anywhere in the world!
You can order the Kindle edition here: Slides
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013