Description: A teenager is suddenly confronted by a monster in his home, begging for him to kill it. The boy reluctantly agrees, but when he doesn’t exactly follow the instructions to dispose of it, the headless creature escapes, leaving him to deal with it a lot more strongly than what either of them intended.
Includes the first ten pages of The Zombie Show which was released on June 20th.
About The Author: I’m Gerald Dean Rice. Used to be Gerald Rice – I suppose I still am, but all future works shall include my middle name. It’s a re-branding thing.
I’ve always been into horror. When I was in kindergarten my mother took me right from school to see Creepshow. I saw a ton of stuff I shouldn’t have when I was a kid.
I got a book of ghost stories when I was 11 for Christmas. These were the days before YA novels, unless you picked up one of those namby-pamby VC Andrews books. Okay, scratch that; I’ve never actually read a VC Andrews book.
But the more I read and the older I got the more I wanted to write my own stories. I tried my hand at writing comic book stories with my best friend in high school, but we had no clue how to break into comics. I submitted my first story to Cemetery Dance back in 2000. It took somewhere around 7 months for them to respond.
I was so proud even though they’d rejected me. The truth of it was it wasn’t a very original story and it was very straightforward. There was a whole lot I didn’t know about writing back then. But I learned pretty quick and have since had stories published in print and on-line.
My first novel, The Ghost Toucher, was published in 2010. It was born out of several failed novel-writing attempts and I’m immensely proud of what I created. I’ve since put out a couple short collections of my own and a few zombie shorts.
You can pick up your free Kindle edition of Gerald’s book here: Slay Me
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013