Courtesy of Publishers Weekly…
Simon & Schuster is getting in the self-publishing business. Through a partnership with Author Solutions Inc., S&S has formed Archway Publishing, a unit that will offer self-publishing services in fiction, nonfiction, business and children’s categories with the backend powered by ASI, the self-publishing provider acquired by Pearson/Penguin earlier this year.
“Self-publishing has become a viable and popular route to publication for many authors, and increasingly a source of content for traditional publishers, including Simon & Schuster,” said S&S CEO Carolyn Reidy. “We’re excited that we’ll be able to help more authors find their own path to publication and at the same time create a more direct connection to those self-published authors ready to make the leap to traditional publishing.” S&S will refer authors who submit unsolicited manuscripts to the Archway program and will monitor the success of Archway titles.
Read the full article here: Simon & Schuster Creates Self-Publishing Unit
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013