Shriekfest, the Los Angeles International Film Festival & Screenplay Competiton celebrated their 10th year Sept 30-Oct 3 at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood. The festival screened 36 films and had 32 screenplay finalists and 12 original song finalists.
Ashes, directed by Elias Matar, took the Grand Jury prize for Best Horror Feature Film. Transfer, directed by Damir Lukacevic, took the Best Fantasy Feature Film award. Serum 1831, directed by Anand Kanna, took the Best Short Film prize. And Rise of the Appliances, directed by Rob Sprackling, took the Best Super Short Film prize
The winner of the Best Horror Feature Screenplay went to Dead Crows, written by Chris Todd. The winner of the Best Short Screenplay went to “Carbon Dating” written by Louis Rosenberg.
For a complete list of all of the winners visit: Shriekfest
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013