Shadowfires by Dean Koontz has been released in a new paperback edition by Berkley Trade. This was Leigh Nichols’ (a Koontz pseudonym) fifth and final novel, and her only outright horror novel.
In an essay about the book Koontz says, “In horror fiction, my personal taste runs toward stories that avoid gore, that emphasize dark wonder instead of graphic violence. I want stories that recognize a hemispherical mythos – by which I mean stories that display a genuine belief in the existence of both Good and Evil as real forces in the world, instead of portraying Evil in a strictly Good – free nihilistic context – and that have a strong sense of human dignity.”
You can read his complete essay here: Shadowfires
Description: A woman’s relief over the death of her husband gives way to mind-numbing terror in this shockingly suspenseful thriller.
Rachael’s request for a quick and clean divorce enraged her husband. She had never seen Eric so angry, so consumed by pure and terrifying hatred. Then, in the heat of the moment, Eric was struck down in a traffic accident. His death was instantaneous. Shocked and relieved, Rachael had nothing left to fear. Until Eric’s body disappeared from the morgue — and Rachael was stalked by someone who looked like her dead husband…
You can listen to an audiobook excerpt here: Shadowfires
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013