After Dark Films CEO Courtney Solomon has announced, Seconds Apart, as part of the After Dark Originals “A New Brand of Fear” line-up. The film is directed by award winning short-film director Antonio Negret (Towards Darkness) and stars Orlando Jones (Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, Evolution) and twins Gary Entin (Rest Stop, The Seeker) & Edmund Entin (Rest Stop, The Seeker, The New Daughter).
Description: Seth and Jonah are murderous twins who share an evil kinship. Damned from the moment of their births, the brothers possess a talent for telekinesis – a power they are suspected of misusing in the most horrific ways imaginable. As fellow students meet gory fates, a local investigator suspects the twins are connected to these gruesome murders, culminating in one final showdown of brother against brother, evil against evil.
Says Producer Courtney Solomon, “Everyone’s heard about that creepy twin thing. You just can’t under-estimate the power of twins, and this film is seasoned by the exceptional performances of Gary and Edmund Entin.”
Seconds Apart, from Executive Producers Courtney Solomon and Stephanie Caleb, was shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A release date for Seconds Apart and all eight Originals is scheduled for late January 2011. The series was developed in partnership with Lionsgate.
After Dark Films made an unprecedented commitment to the production of eight original horror films this year under the After Dark Originals “A New Brand of Fear” label, continuing the Company’s mission of supporting first time independent film writers and directors. The creation of the AD Originals slate is just another example of the Company’s commitment to the indie film industry.
After Dark’s initial film release was the box office success An American Haunting (2006), written, directed and produced by Courtney Solomon. An American Haunting opened at the #2 spot in the nation, and maintained its position for four weeks. Subsequent releases include The Abandoned; Skinwalkers, starring Jason Behr, Rhona Mitra and Matthew Knight; Captivity, starring Elisha Cuthbert and directed by Oscar-nominee Roland Joffe (The Killing Fields); and Frontier(s), directed by Xavier Gens (Hitman).
After Dark Originals arrive in theaters January 28th, 2011.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013