The second book in the Vampire Apocalypse trilogy from Irish author Derek Gunn, has been released by KHP Industries under their Black Death Books imprint. Descent Into Chaos follows A World Torn Asunder, Gunn’s debut novel (September 2006) which was widely praised on both sides of the Atlantic and is in development as a movie.
According to the author, the Vampire Apocalypse stories are set in the near future in a world grown insular after a brief war has left the world depleted of resources. Fuel is rationed, States close their borders, communities die and technology stagnates. It’s not too improbable anymore either. As the world struggles to cope with such problems, the vampires come from the shadows and quietly begin to take over community after community. They offer power to those who will join them and death to those who don’t. It doesn’t take long and, after a brutal but brief war, they take control. They use a serum and Thralls to control the population, wall the cities off and breed humans as stock. The Thralls are humans who have been bitten but have not fully become vampires. They have enhanced speed and strength and guard the vampires during the day when they could be vulnerable.
To learn more and/or order: Descent Into Chaos
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009