The SciFi Channel has picked up Warehouse 13. The hourlong dramedy from Universal Cable Studios is described as part X-Files, part Raiders of the Lost Ark and part Moonlighting. It revolves around two FBI agents – rule-bender Peter (Eddie McClintock) and by-the-book Myka (Joanne Kelly) – who, after saving the life of the U.S. president, are relocated to Warehouse 13, a location that houses supernatural objects the government has collected over the centuries.
The cable channel originally ordered a two-hour pilot of the project, written by Farscape creator Rockne O’Bannon, Battlestar Galactica co-exec producer Jane Espenson and D. Brent Mote.
Warehouse 13 is one of three two-hour pilots commissioned by the SciFi Channel in the past year, along with the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica and Revolution.
The order for Warehouse 13 also comes on the heels of SciFi’s greenlighting a new Stargate series, Stargate: Universe, last month.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009