Since its launch in November, 2005, Samhain Publishing has helped redefine the eBook industry, offering original eBook fiction to an ever-widening reader base. In 2011, riding a wave of dramatic growth in sales and audience, Samhain is now expanding further to meet reader needs.
According to Samhain Publisher Christina Brashear, Samhain’s growth is indicative of the power of the eBook movement. “At Samhain, our goal has always been to give readers a choice in fiction — so they can read what they want to read, in the way they want to read it. Whether readers want to download a new eBook in seconds or purchase a paperback of the authors they love, there is always a new story to enjoy at Samhainpublishing.com.” Before launching Samhain in 2005, Cris was a driving force at the e-publisher Ellora’s Cave, joining that organization in 2001 and eventually directing the company as president. At the helm of Samhain, Cris and the Samhain team have brought the best of eBook fiction to readers for the past 6 years, cementing Samhain’s reputation as the leading international digital-first company.
Several new developments for Samhain Publishing in 2011 include:
Best-selling authors: Samhain Publishing is proud to congratulate authors Maya Banks, Shelli Stevens, Lauren Dane and Lorelei James on being ranked among both the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling fiction authors. Lorelei James’s position is the highest Bestseller listing for any digital-first published author to date.
Extraordinary growth: Between 2009 and 2010, total income for the company (and for Samhain’s authors) rose 98%. Trends are even more favorable for year to date 2011. Samhain is proud to feature the work of more than 600 authors worldwide, spanning all genres of romance and urban fantasy.
Unprecedented success of author promotions: While Samhain Publishing’s reader-friendly promotions have long been an asset to our readers and authors, a recent promotion landed Samhain author Lauren Dane on the USA Today extended list… for a book first released in 2006.
Positioning as the bellwether for eBook fiction’s overall success: In 2009, Samhain Publishing’s print sales were 23% higher than Digital. In 2010, the company’s digital sales outstripped print sales by 230%. Samhain releases print versions of its novel-length eBook titles approximately 12 months after e-release.
Expanded lines: In addition to its highly popular and robust romance fiction line, which brings more than 20 new titles a month to its readers, Samhain is launching two highly anticipated new lines in 2011:
- Samhain Horror: With an October launch headlined by Master of Horror Ramsey Campbell, Samhain will publish two new horror fiction novels each month, featuring both established authors and exciting new voices.
- Retro Romance®: Launching in December, 2011, Retro Romance will re-release classic romances of the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s, now formatted to bring those beloved stories to an entirely new audience.
New location: After many years in Macon, Georgia, Samhain Publishing has relocated to a northern suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio, enjoying the business-friendly atmosphere of the Midwest while still working with authors, editors and artists around the world.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013