Visit The Hyaena Gallery May 21st for a rare, behind the scenes look at some of the outrageous yet masterful pencil drawings that went into the making of The Ren and Stimpy Show and the unique opportunity to meet Spumco artist, Jim Smith.
From now until May 31st a variety of works will be on display from wild, rough pencil drawings to well-crafted cleanup drawings. Featuring artwork from Ren and Stimpy episodes Big House Blues, Space Madness, Fire Dogs I and II, and more. A must-see for animation fans and those curious about the 2D animation process. All artwork is for sale.
Originally hailing from Lubbock, Texas, Jim Smith is an animator and storyboard artist who has worked on such milestone cartoon series as The Ren and Stimpy Show, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, Samurai Jack, The X’s, Monster Vs. Aliens, Scooby Doo, and Beany Cecil and with such iconic artists as John Kricfalusi and Ralph Bakshi. To view examples of his artwork please visit his blog at: Jim Smith Cartoons
The Hyaena Gallery is Burbank’s premier gallery featuring alternative and underground artwork. For further information about the show, hours, or directions to the gallery please visit them on the web at: Hyaena Gallery
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013