While there have been three adaptations of Richard Matheson’s classic novel I Am Legend none of the scripts have followed the novel. Matheson wrote a script in the 1950s which did. It was purchased by Hammer Films in England. However, both the British and U.S. censor boards wanted extensive alterations that neither Matheson nor Hammer Films were willing to make.
Gauntlet Press has just released the trade paperback of Richard Matheson’s Censored And Unproduced I Am Legend Screenplay, the script Matheson wrote and how he envisioned his novel being filmed. The book includes the script, history of the screenplay, as well as the U.S. Censor Board letter outlining their objections.
You can pick up the trade paperback edition for only $16.95 here: Richard Matheson’s Censored And Unproduced I Am Legend Screenplay
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013