Mondo Grindo Productions has announced a fright night double feature of classic horror/gore films, and a Halloween costume contest, on the world famous Boardwalk in Asbury Park, NJ. The “Horror Happenings” movie double feature will take place at 10:00 pm on Saturday, October 27, 2007 at the Paramount Theatre of the Asbury Park Convention Center, Ocean Avenue between Fifth and Sunset Avenues, Asbury Park, NJ.
On the bill are two films designed to put a chill in your spine and curl in your blood. Opening the late night event will be the 1962 cult film, The Brain That Wouldn’t Die, directed by Joseph Green, that tells the story of a doctor who keeps his fiancée’s head alive after she’s decapitated in a car crash, then goes hunting for a new body. The main midnight feature will be director Ted V. Mikels’ 1972 black comedy, The Corpse Grinders, offering the gory business strategy of a cat food company which visits the local grave yard to solve its financial woes. Their feline customers soon develop an exclusive taste for their new food and go hunting for fresh meat all over town.
These films are for mature audiences only and patrons must be age 18 and over to be admitted, age 21 to purchase alcohol. Proof of age will be required. A cash prize for the best costume will be awarded at intermission, and the lobby on each of the theatre’s three levels will feature a deejay and Halloween specialty drinks at the cash bars. Admission is $12. Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance at Mondo Grindo. Doors open at 9:00 pm.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009