PS Publishing has announced the arrival of Ramsey Campbell’s new horror novel, Thieving Fear. There are two editions: the unjacketed trade hardcover signed by the author (£20 / $40) and a slipcased and jacketed hardcover (£50 / $100) signed additionally by Kim Newman, who wrote the Introduction. Campbell just keeps on getting better. He could almost be forgiven at this stage for coasting a while, rattling off an occasional novel that was okay but maybe not much more than that. Instead, however, with each new book-length outing he continues to surpass the last one. And he’s been doing it for more than thirty years!
Description: Charlotte Nolan and her cousins may not have ended up in the jobs they hoped to have when they were teenagers, but they’ve made their way in life. Charlotte works for a London publisher, Ellen cares for the elderly, Hugh has left teaching to work in a supermarket while his brother Rory is a controversial artist. Then more than their jobs begin to go wrong as something reaches out of the past for them. What has it to do with the summer night they spent on Thursaston Common? If the dreams they had that night are catching up with them, how is the Victorian occultist Arthur Pendemon involved? Before the nightmare ends more than one of them will have to enter what remains of Pendemon’s house and confront what still lives there in the dark.
To learn more and/or order: Thieving Fear
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009